Saturday, December 10, 2005

On my way home.... so far

Got up at about 5AM this morning to catch the plane from La Paz... almost
did not get on... TACA Airlines... the carrier from La Paz to Lima asked
me to take a hotel room and a 24 hour delay... I guess they had over
booked... of course I said no... then they offered to check my bad through
to Toronto... so I hope I see it when I get there tomorrow...

I have only been at sea level for avout 5 hours and I am already breathing
a lot better... the altitude in La Paz was... so I thought... not
affecting me too badly... but I tell you this... when you get down to the
sea... you sure notice the difference....

Arrived in Lima at about 9;30am and have been hanging around ïntransit
imbo eversince... until my Air Canada flight at 9PM... at least I get a
hotel room in Toronto until my flight on Monday.. otherwise... of course
all is wellhave resisted contributing to the Pruvian economey as much as
possible (except for food & such here at the airport) Aparently Saturdays
are a really quiet day for international flights...

There was a AC flight to Toronto that left just around 11AM that I used to
confirm my booking (both for today and for Monday´s Toronto Edmonton to Ft
Smith flights)... I almost got on it but they could not promise that they
could get my bag on it.. so I thought the better of it...

Too bad my trip to Cameroon got cancelled... but it sounds to me that that
was probably a good thing as the client did not seem up to having me there
and I do not think that spending two months in the Cameroon doing nothing
would have been a good way to spend my time...

I have already been in touch with my boss at Aurora College in Ft Smith
and am already supposed to be doing several shifts over the lucrative
Christmas holiday season... so I am back earning some $$$ which is not bad
at all....

As soon as I get back I will have to get my phone properly connected and
reconnect my highspeed internet connection.... and generally get back into
life in Ft Smith... but I am looking forward to that...

That´s all for now... next message should be from the hotel in Toronto...
unless something happens here in Lima...

--
p>

No comments: